CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia’s leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland. The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
Typical skills and responsibilities
- Reporting to project Senior Surveyor
- Maintaining survey equipment and a company vehicle
- Preparing survey data for field work (interpreting construction drawings)
- Engineering construction and Utilities Set Out and As-Built surveys
- Keep accurate survey records.
- Formal Survey Qualifications, Degree or Diploma
- Melbourne based
- 1 – 3+ years survey knowledge
- Experience working in construction for a Tier One client is an advantage
- Proficient with Total Station and GPS equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Be able to work autonomously
- Good team skills
- Driver License
Opportunities displayed on Cribut Premium – Job Watch are NOT advertisements placed by an employer. They are opportunities found and filtered by the team at Cribhut, as we believe they are the current best opportunities on offer for Blue Collar workers around this great nation. Cribhut Group have not been hired or paid by employers in any way to display these opportunities. As such we have no say at all in the recruitment process or outcome. All applications and questions regarding any opportunities displayed on Job Watch should be directed to the employer via the link provided. Good Luck!
BUILT BY WORKERS FOR WORKERS
Cribhut – For workers who want to get ahead.