G&S Engineering Services delivers professional asset management services by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction and engineering needs of our clients in the resources, energy and infrastructure industries. Our current portfolio of projects range across several heavy industrial markets, affording our team the freedom and flexibility to develop well-rounded professional skills.
About the role:
G&S Engineering Services is seeking experienced and qualified Supervisors for shutdowns and minor construction projects within the mining sector of WA. Reporting to the Project Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading the project teams to the successful completion of shutdowns and project works at various sites throughout Western Australia.
As a senior staff member, you will have the flexibility to lead, develop and mentor your teams to achieve the standard expected, whilst building relationships with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers and subcontractors. You will have the opportunity to provide constructive feedback and offer development opportunities to team members based on performance.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and guidance across all aspects of health and safety on the project, ensuring hazards are eliminated or controlled, and meeting all reporting requirements;
- Providing effective project management support to the team, including planning, preparation, delivery and completion of the project;
- Providing ongoing coaching and guidance to the team, including providing performance feedback;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing and potential clients, and other stakeholders;
- The ability to oversee and coordinate the planning, preparation and execution of daily activities at the same time as empowering crews for successful succession planning;
- Work closely with the Project Manager, and other staff to identify and implement business improvements;
Key to your success will be your strong commitment to safety in the workplace. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the construction and maintenance of heavy industrial machinery, fixed and mobile plants, and ideally hold or be willing to obtain inductions for Rio Tinto, BHP, FMG, BHP and Roy Hill.
- Hands-on experience supervising work teams to ensure that site activities are completed in accordance with safety, quality, environmental and productivity objectives;
- Exceptional communications skills to clearly communicate work plans and required outcomes to the team;
- Proven leadership ability with a very strong commitment to safety;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities through well-developed interpersonal skills and positive influencing abilities;
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination and passion of our people.
- Extensive career development through our Learning and Development team.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Monthly Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Medibank Private Health discounts.
Opportunities displayed on Cribhut Premium – Job Watch are NOT advertisements placed by an employer. They are opportunities found and filtered by the team at Cribhut, as we believe they are the current best opportunities on offer for Blue Collar workers around this great nation. Cribhut Group have not been hired or paid by employers in any way to display these opportunities. As such we have no say at all in the recruitment process or outcome. All applications and questions regarding any opportunities displayed on Job Watch should be directed to the employer via the link provided. Good Luck!