- Leading a team of electrical maintainers supporting the Argyle Diamond Site
- Great role for an aspiring leader to develop your capability for future leadership opportunities
- Working a 4 days on, 3 off roster
About the role
We are looking for a Maintenance Superintendent- Fixed Plant Electrical to lead the electrical maintenance team who are responsible for safely maintaining the Argyle Diamond processing plant to deliver operational targets.
This role is a great opportunity to utilise your leadership experience in a supportive team environment. Working a 4 days on, 3 off roster and reporting to the Manager Surface Operations, you will be:
- Leading the team to build strong safety performance
- Coaching and developing a large team of employees; supervisors and tradespersons across the electrical field.
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement, supporting the team in the implementation of improvement initiatives and technical advance
- Ensuring that maintenance activities are delivered in line with Rio Tinto best practice to maximise productivity and equipment reliability
- Identifying and implementing systems, processes and practices to improve efficiency, sustainability and safety
- Developing, monitoring and controlling approved budget to deliver cost effective services that meet the business needs
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Strong demonstrated safety and leadership capability
- Demonstrated experience in large leadership roles within a process plant environment
- Electrical engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Proven competency in time management and self-organisation
- Working knowledge of leading work management and asset management practices
- Contractor management and engagement experience
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives/projects
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto owns and operates the Argyle diamond mine in the remote East Kimberley region of Western Australia. The mine has been operating since 1983 and has produced more than 800 million carats of rough diamonds. It is one of the world’s largest supplier of diamonds and the world’s largest supplier of natural coloured diamonds. Argyle’s significant commitment to the East Kimberley supports a sustainable future for the region that will endure well beyond the life of the mine. Argyle is dedicated to the development of relationships with local communities and has committed to a Participation Agreement with the region’s Traditional Owners, which preserves Traditional Owners’ rights and interests in relation to the mining lease area.
Opportunities displayed on Cribhut Premium – Job Watch are NOT advertisements placed by an employer. They are opportunities found and filtered by the team at Cribhut, as we believe they are the current best opportunities on offer for Blue Collar workers around this great nation. Cribhut Group have not been hired or paid by employers in any way to display these opportunities. As such we have no say at all in the recruitment process or outcome. All applications and questions regarding any opportunities displayed on Job Watch should be directed to the employer via the link provided. Good Luck!
BUILT BY WORKERS FOR WORKERS
Cribhut – For workers who want to get ahead.